Adult Learning Opportunities
As a community called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world. There are many opportunities for adult discipleship at Salem Lutheran Church, which include:
Women of Salem Gatherings for fellowship, growing in faith, and service.
• Lydia Circle: Meets in-person at Salem Lutheran Church, study from Gather, making of baptismal banners, support of the Children’s Home.
• Naomi Circle: Meets fellowship in homes or Salem Lutheran Church, study from various resources.
• Rebecca Circle: First Tuesday morning at Salem Lutheran Church, study from Gather magazine.
• Salem Mom’s Group:
• Women of Salem Peoria, IL: Facebook Fellowship Salem women oriented for encouragement, opportunity updates, sharing.
• Quilters: Plan and make of special memories quilts for Salem Lutheran Church high school seniors and banners for special occasions.
Salem Churchmen meet the third Monday each month at 7pm.
Salem Churchmen are blessed to be able to give in both the community as well as our congregation. Salem Churchmen organize the Annual Church Picnic, and the spring and fall work days.
Salem Churchmen also have a Bachmann Scholarship, which enables deserving members of our youth, encouraging them in their college educations. The Salem Churchmen also help our young people attend Leadership Lab to encourage the development of their leadership skills and faith at Augustana College.
Our seniors group, Seniors of Salem, was organized to provide a vibrant, meaningful, and ongoing fellowship opportunity for the members of the congregation who are age 60 and/or retired.
Adult Fellowship is an adult social group who get together for a fun event, such as a wine & cheese party, golf or a concert. It’s a chance to get to know each other and do something fun with other Christians.